Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Prayer's answered

Just how amazing is our Lord? I am here to testify that my prayer's have been answered.
As most of you know, I have made the decision to close Terri's Floors. It was very difficult for me to accept this as God's will. I just couldn't imagine that God would want me to close my store, since I was being able to witness to so many people through it.

On Sunday, May 18th, 2008, while in church, I was questioning God's reasons for making it so obvious it was time to close the doors to this chapter in my life. What was I going to do now? How was I going to be the disciple God had in mind for me? I cried throughout the service, questioning God. As I was walking out of the worship hall to greet Matt Showalter, Pastor of Prescott Valley Christian Church, I was approached by a friend, Louise who could tell that I was crying. She asked me if I was okay and I whispered in her ear, "I have to close my store". She said, "What"? I said it again and as the words left my mouth, I broke down again in sadness. Here I am just balling like a baby, walking to greet the Pastor. As I approach him, he looks into my eyes and grabs both of my hands and starts to say, " Terri, I know this is a very difficult" before he could finish his sentence, I turn away from him to leave, I just couldn't handle the emotions that were tearing my soul apart. As I turned Matt's wife, Eileen passed in front of me as I headed for the door, she looked at me and grabbed me in an embrace that felt so comforting. She began to pray for me. As she prayed for me I felt the anguish that filled my heart just melt away. I felt Jesus working through her to console me. If Eileen had not taken me into her arms and prayed for me, I don't think I would have received the faith that everything was going to be okay. I believe Eileen was guided to me by the Holy Spirit. She was to give the comfort that no matter what was happening in my life right now, I had God's love to help me through it. Eileen held me in her arms at my lowest point and asked Jesus to take my sorrows from me. There is no question that Jesus answered that prayer.

As I went about my day, I had no worry's. I knew everything was going to be okay.

I had prayed in Jesus name to know what I was supposed to do next. I thought my calling was to be directed in the area of working with the disabled. That was the intention I sent out to Our Father. I wanted to find a job that would allow me to work in a group home setting.

On Wednesday, May 28th, I received a phone call from Dan Hussey, owner of B & L Flooring, he wanted to schedule a meeting with me for Friday. I agreed to meet with him.

He and his wife, Julie came into the store and we all sat in the showroom to talk. It was the most amazing conversation, mostly focused on the Lord. I knew Jesus was there in all of our hearts. I was offered a position at B & L Flooring. Not only would I be able to continue to service my customer's, Dan offered to handle the warranty's of Terri's Floors customer's. What a blessing I was being given? How could I turn down the opportunity to continue my work through the Lord?

Pastor Matt told me, "God is using you to touch people's lives." What an amazing gift God has placed in me? I will continue to bring people closer to God's loving embrace through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My prayer for this world is, for all to know the unconditional love that God has for everyone. We are all his children and he wants us all to be saved through Jesus.

John 16:24
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.


This is my personal prayer:

Dear Lord,

Please come into my heart and guide me to someone in need of your love. Please allow me to share your word with all who need you in their life. Please allow me to be a disciple of your truth. I am your servant and I will do your will through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May all who I meet today, know you are with them.

I ask this in Jesus name,
Amen

No comments: