Friday, June 6, 2008

A story my mom just told me

When I was 4 years old, my parents had seperated for a short time. I was staying with my grandfather at his dry cleaners he owned on Fountain Avenue in Hollywood during this time. He had living quarters above the shop. Evidently Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield (The Righteous Brothers) lived across the street from the cleaners in the Fountain Manor Apartments and they were regular customer's of my grandfathers. My mom said I used to ask them for their change when they came into the cleaners and one day I followed one of them home and they had to bring me back to the cleaners.

She remembered that story when she saw that Bill Medley was going to be performing in Prescott at Yavapai College on February 21, 2009. She thought he may remember me if I told him the story. This is going back 43 years, I'm not sure he would remember anything from that long ago. But wouldn't it be fun if he did and I was able to hear his side of the story.

No comments: